Trucost, the leading environmental data company, has headquarters in London, offices in Boston, New York and Hong Kong and partners across the globe.
If you are looking for a career that will challenge your intellect and your imagination, you thrive on a busy and diverse workload and you are always keen to develop your skills, you will find plenty of opportunities at Trucost.
Office Manager/PA – Trucost Plc, London
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posting Date: 09 November 2015
Closing Date: 16 November 2015
Salary: £25,000-£30,000 per anum, dependent on experience
Trucost is a rapidly growing, dynamic, global research and information business focused on natural resource economics, with a growing client base of investors, corporations and consultants in the Americas, Asia, Australia and Europe. Trucost has offices in London, Hong Kong, China and the USA.
We are seeking a talented Office Manager/PA to offer support to the Senior Management and Executive Management Teams.
Basic duties to include:
- Attending Board, REMCO, Executive Committee meetings to take minutes and distribute as required
- Maintain timesheets for staff
- Manage meeting room calendars
- Carry out mandatory H&S checks and inspections
- Collect and distribute post & maintain franking machine
- Arrange foreign and domestic travel for all staff
- Manage all contracts including cleaning, tenants, mobile phones, photocopiers/printers etc.
- Deal with shareholder enquires and documentation
- Catering supplies
- Maintain H&S records for PAT testing, legionella testing
- Liaise with external contractors
- Maintain Disaster Recovery Plan and Company Phone lists
- Maintain supplier spreadsheet
- Update and maintain H&S policy, Data protection policy etc.
- Facilities Management
- Arrange meetings for Executive Management Team
- Reply to invitations for CEO and COO
- Answer e-mails on behalf of CEO and COO as directed
- Assist US and HK teams
- Stock control
- Greeting guests
- Manage phones
- Intermediate/advanced in Outlook, Excel, Word
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work and work to strict deadlines
This role will suit a Senior Administrator looking for their next role or an experienced PA/Office Manager. A full job description is available on request.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Trucost is an equal opportunities employer
Database Developer / Web Application Developer
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posting Date: 03 September 2015
Closing Date: 31 September 2015
Trucost is a rapidly growing, dynamic, global research and information business focused on natural resource economics, with a growing client base of investors and corporations globally. The company pioneered the use of quantitative analysis of corporate impacts on the environment in financial terms, including PUMA’s environmental profit and loss account (EP&L) and the carbon footprint of equity portfolios. We provide the data, insight and tools that business and investors needs to integrate nature into every day decision-making; to optimise operations, supply chains, products and investment products in line with global resource availability.
Trucost has also spent the last 15 years researching, standardizing and validating environmental data on the world's largest companies and central to our approach is our advanced environmental profiling model that enables us to calculate a company’s environmental dependencies, across their value chain, even if companies do not disclose this information. Trucost’s clients include PUMA, General Mills, BSkyB, Sprint, Becker Underwood amongst many others. Trucost are also heavily involved in the Natural Capital Protocol – developing sector guides for the Food & Beverage and Apparel sectors.
Trucost is a dynamic and expanding business, with excellent opportunities for personal development for enthusiastic employees.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
- Assuming 2+ years professional experience in a similar role
- Computer Science related degree(s)
- We are a data driven organisation - Strong Database and reporting skills are a necessity (TSQL, PL SQL)
- Experience with MS SQL Server Management Tools essential
- Database Reporting Tools: Jasper, iReport used internally (Crystal Reports experience acceptable)
- Practical experience with the Microsoft BI: SSRS, SSIS and SSAS very beneficial
- Web Application Development in Java, primarily using Spring
- Spring Framework (Struts also acceptable)
- Experience using Sencha Complete, Sencha Architect or other Sencha based implementations is very beneficial
- Experience with Apache Tomcat application server
- Familiar with Cloud Hosting Platforms (Azure, AWS or Google)
- Basic HTML / CSS skills
The ideal candidate would:
- Have adaptability towards change - and comfortable multi-tasking
- Have an interest in taking a significant role in a small, agile and multi-talented team
- Have an interest in a broad range of IT development responsibilities
Please email your CV with a covering letter before 31 September 2015, quoting in the email subject title “Database Developer” to:
This job offers an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic company in an interesting and exciting area. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary. Trucost is an equal opportunity employer.
Trucost is a rapidly expanding company. If you wish to register your interest in future roles, please post your CV with a covering letter explaining what you can offer and why you want to work at Trucost to: Careers, Trucost Plc, 22 Chancery Lane, WC2A 1LS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trucost is an equal opportunites employer.