Trucost, the leading environmental data company, has headquarters in London, offices in Boston, New York and Hong Kong and partners across the globe.
If you are looking for a career that will challenge your intellect and your imagination, you thrive on a busy and diverse workload and you are always keen to develop your skills, you will find plenty of opportunities at Trucost.
Senior Research Analyst: Environmental Finance
Trucost is a rapidly growing, dynamic, global research and information business focused on environmental economics, with a global client base of investors and corporations. Trucost has been pioneering in the fields of sustainable finance and environmental economics over the last decade, providing innovative data, insight, tools and consultancy services to help investors understand the economic consequences of natural capital dependency. We enable them to identify risk and opportunity from growing natural resource pressures and increasing environmental regulation and help them integrate natural capital considerations in financial products and services. Areas of work include portfolio footprinting, green bonds, stranded assets, financed emissions, water risk in supply chains and carbon across asset classes.
We provide the world’s most comprehensive natural capital data, having spent more than a decade researching, standardising and validating environmental data on the world's largest companies. Central to our approach is our advanced environmental profiling model that enables us to calculate a company’s environmental dependencies, across their value chain, even if companies do not disclose this information. In addition we not only measure natural capital risk in physical quantities, we also apply a financial value to provide an overarching metric for risk and opportunity analysis. We also provide customized insight based on our environmental economics expertise. Our data is used by the world’s largest pension funds, asset managers, banks and development finance institutions to enhance their investment processes. Trucost’s clients include BNP Paribas, Axa, CalSTRS, ERAFP, Standard & Poor’s, Royal Bank of Scotland and The IFC amongst many others.
Trucost is a dynamic, innovative and expanding business, with excellent opportunities for personal development for enthusiastic employees.
The senior research analyst will be a key member of the Financial Institutions Team, dedicated to the support and development of Trucost’s services to banks, asset managers and pension funds globally. The analyst will carry out research on the environmental performance of global listed companies, funds and thematics including environmental resource use and externality pricing and impact on shareholder value. The analyst will contribute to and be responsible for managing a broad range of research projects, including those of a bespoke nature. They will also work with the business development managers in managing client relationships and be involved in some sales support work including technical input for proposals and meetings with prospective clients. The role provides the opportunity to work on cutting edge projects in the field of sustainable finance. The role is client facing with the opportunity for travel.
- In depth research on companies, industry sectors, regions, economies and thematics to report to the investment community.
- Analyse the environmental performance of investment funds and credit/loan portfolios using Trucost’s proprietary methods.
- Research and update financial and environmental information on global listed companies (e.g. MSCI ACWI & FTSE All World) using Trucost’s proprietary database.
- Account Management – working with clients to advise on the integration of Trucost data and research in their investment and due diligence processes; support them in the use of Trucost’s data and software, and answer technical questions.
- Project Management of bespoke or consultancy projects.
- Representing Trucost at meetings with prospects alongside the business development manager, effectively recognising their needs and conveying Trucost’s value proposition.
- Product development: identifying opportunities within the financial sector for applying Trucost’s data and analytics.
- The candidate should have a strong understanding of financial markets and investing, as well as knowledge of some of the following sustainability areas that financial institutions are involved in, such as, mainstreaming ESG integration, environmental fund or index creation, environmental risk analysis and reporting of investments in different asset classes.
- The candidate should have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The candidate should be conscious of detail and numerically proficient with natural curiosity and an innovative approach to problem solving. Excellent analytical and project management skills are also expected.
- Ideally the candidate would have an undergraduate and post graduate degree in relevant subjects such as; Economics, Finance, Environmental Economics, Development Economics or Environmental Sciences but this is not critical if work experience is very relevant
- Ideally, the candidate would have experience as an analyst within an asset management, pension fund or bank, helping to integrate environmental factors into the investment or lending decision making processes. Other relevant experience would include working as an ESG/RI analyst for a research provider or in the sustainability field for a management consultancy or Development Finance Institution.
- The candidate should have a minimum of 4 years work experience
- Advanced Excel spreadsheet skills are required.
- Fluent written and spoken English. Additional languages will be considered favorably.
Closing date: 29th May 2015
Email Lauren Smart: email@example.com
This job offers an excellent opportunity to work in a dynamic company in an interesting and exciting area. This description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this position. The actual duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may vary. Trucost is an equal opportunity employer.
Trucost is a rapidly expanding company. If you wish to register your interest in future roles, please post your CV with a covering letter explaining what you can offer and why you want to work at Trucost to: Careers, Trucost Plc, 22 Chancery Lane, WC2A 1LS or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trucost is an equal opportunites employer.