Trucost, the leading environmental data company, has headquarters in London, offices in Boston, New York and Hong Kong and partners across the globe.
If you are looking for a career that will challenge your intellect and your imagination, you thrive on a busy and diverse workload and you are always keen to develop your skills, you will find plenty of opportunities at Trucost.
Consultant: Corporate Services (Global)
Location: Trucost HQ, London, United Kingdom or New York, United States
Trucost is a rapidly growing, dynamic, global research and information business focused on natural resource economics, with a growing client base of investors and corporations globally. The company pioneered the use of quantitative analysis of corporate impacts on the environment in financial terms, including PUMA’s environmental profit and loss account (EP&L) and the carbon footprint of equity portfolios. We provide the data, insight and tools that business and investors needs to integrate nature into every day decision-making; to optimise operations, supply chains, products and investment products in line with global resource availability.
Trucost has spent the last 15 years researching, standardizing and validating environmental data on the world's largest companies and central to our approach is our advanced environmental profiling model that enables us to calculate a company’s environmental impacts and dependencies, across their value chain, even if companies do not disclose this information. Trucost’s clients include Sprint Nextel, Dell, LVMH, Carlsberg, The Natural Capital Coalition amongst many others. Trucost are heavily involved in the Natural Capital Protocol – developing sector guides for the Food & Beverage and Apparel sectors.
Trucost is a dynamic and expanding business, with excellent opportunities for personal development for enthusiastic employees.
The role is a senior position within the Corporate Services Team, dedicated to the support, development and delivery of Trucost’s services to global corporations. The position will include both project management responsibilities and strategic account management. The consultant will contribute to and be responsible for managing a broad range of research projects - focused primarily on the measurement of environmental performance across companies, value chains, products and services. Fundamental to Trucost’s approach is the use of natural capital valuation as a means of helping companies understand their impact and dependency on nature. The consultant must demonstrate a sound understanding of how natural capital valuation techniques can be applied in a corporate context to drive business decision-making and add value. Consultants will also manage strategic accounts including the identification of opportunities, preparation of sales proposals and presentations and managing client relationships during delivery of the services.
- The Consultant will be responsible for the delivery of research projects on time and on budget. This will include the development of detailed project plans and the management of internal resources and managing tasks being performed by other researchers or disciplines (e.g. IT, Marketing) who are part of a globally dispersed team;
- Stay abreast of technical and scientific developments in environmental footprinting and natural capital measurement, and incorporate these into Trucost products as appropriate and in consultation with Trucost’s Head of Research;
- Generate and develop new corporate business in line with the overall Trucost corporate strategy – specifically focussed on the identification, management and growth of strategic accounts;
- Write proposals and prepare presentations;
- Understand market drivers and key influencers for natural capital accounting in assigned market segments and use that knowledge to create winning sales plans and tactics;
- Work with the Marketing and Business Development teams to develop and execute on regional go to market plans to support sales activities;
- Provide input and feedback to the Product Development team to continually improve our products and services.
- The ideal candidate would have some experience in a number of these areas:
- 5 to 7 years professional experience working in a consultancy role in the environmental sector;
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, which includes economics and finance, natural resource economics and environmental sciences, with a post-graduate degree in a related subject;
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize information and develop business insights from detailed technical analysis and research on natural capital and environmental performance;
- A background in service delivery or research, preferably with an environmental consultancy or data provider;
- Project management experience;
- A good understanding of natural capital, including how it is measured and applied in a corporate context to add value;
- A good understanding of how sustainability can be integrated into corporate decision-making related to: risk management, investor relations, environmental reporting, and product or supply chain optimization;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including confidence presenting to large groups of people;
- The candidate should be numerically proficient with natural curiosity and an innovative approach to problem solving. Advanced word-processing and spreadsheet skills are expected;
- Foreign language skills will be viewed favourably.
To apply please email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line 'Application: Consultant: Corporate Services (Global)' by 31st August 2015.
For more information on Trucost, please visit our website: www.trucost.com.
Trucost is a rapidly expanding company. If you wish to register your interest in future roles, please post your CV with a covering letter explaining what you can offer and why you want to work at Trucost to: Careers, Trucost Plc, 22 Chancery Lane, WC2A 1LS or email email@example.com.
Trucost is an equal opportunites employer.